What drives the processes, workflows, policies, and expectations that determine how people do their work? Human resources.
HR helps you find the right people for your business – and keep them engaged and happy. It’s the force that helps you implement the policies, infrastructure and benefits that set your people – and your company – up for success.
Brio’s HR courses online set new small business owners up for success by answering the challenging HR questions we all have at the beginning of a new venture.
Are you asking the right questions?
- How do I become a magnet for great employees?
- How do I write job descriptions that attract amazing talent?
- How do I stay out of hot water when recruiting, interviewing, and hiring?
- How do I get references to tell me what I really need to know?
- What process will help me select the best candidate?
- How do I determine whether to classify someone as 1099 contract labor or a W-2 employee?
- How do I avoid 1099 IRS and Department of Labor landmines?
- When does it make sense to use a staffing agency?
- If I’m the only employee, how do I pay myself?
- How do I make my payroll process as easy as possible?
- How can I be sure that my payroll provider is doing everything properly? (...because in the end, I know it’s my butt on the line.)
- Do I really have to have an employee handbook for just 3 people?
- How can I get the benefits of good HR without it being tedious?
- How do I stay compliant without being a jerk?
- What do I need to document and when?
- How do I document employees that aren’t performing in order to avoid problems?
- How do I keep up with changing workplace issues (remote work, social media, etc.)?
- When do I need to provide medical benefits to my employees?
- How can I find a provider that won’t bankrupt me?
- Who is eligible for benefits?
- How much of their premiums do I have to pay?
- I hear a lot about creative ways to provide benefits. What are they and how do they work?
- How do I train my employees to do it my way or better?
- How do I craft professional development plans to help my key employees grow?
- How do I avoid the revolving door of employees?
- What are early warning signs that an employee isn’t cutting it?
- What would make my employees love coming to work every day?
- Who is eligible for unpaid family or medical leave?
- Which federal labor laws pertain to me?
- What OSHA regulations apply to my business?
- What employment records do I have to maintain, and for how long?
If these questions sound familiar, you're not alone! Many small business owners and entrepreneurs are challenged by these common HR topics. Brio’s HR courses online will provide answers and powerful tools to help you get started and keep you on track, allowing you to focus on growing your business and your people rather than dealing with confusing HR forms and requirements.
What makes Brio’s HR courses online different
While many HR courses online are, let’s face it, mind-numbing, Brio’s instructors, coaches and industry experts unveil the mysteries of effective human resources practices in dynamic presentations that keep you engaged. Upon completion of our series of HR courses online, you’ll have everything you need to effectively manage the people in your small business.
What you can expect to accomplish in Brio’s HR courses online
Many small business courses in human resources can leave the business owner more overwhelmed and confused than when they started. But it doesn't have to be that way. With Brio’s HR courses online, you’ll learn how to structure procedures, systems and relationships for success, how to identify great outsourcing options, or find and develop HR leaders who take great care of your employees – so they can take great care of your customers. In Brio’s HR courses online, you’ll gain the skills, knowledge, and tools you need to implement an HR structure that ensures you can successfully operate your business and manage your people.
Who should take Brio’s HR courses online
Brio’s HR courses online are designed with the small business owner in mind. We’re here to get you started, to give you the step-by-step instructions you need to ensure your business has all the fundamentals of HR covered – from recruiting and retainment to payroll and labor law. Brio’s HR courses online will set you up for success.